healing justice trainings
Ready To Heal from Oppression and Re-Become Human?
Sandra Kim offers in-person healing justice trainings to local communities, social justice organizations and groups, and socially conscious businesses.
1) Healing from Marginalization
For people with marginalized identities who:
- Want to learn how to free themselves from internalized oppression
- Want to learn how to respond to everyday oppression with love and justice
- A framework for how we internalize oppression and how it shows up in our life - even if we don't agree with it and don't notice it's happening
- Practices for healing your inner pain - even when you're scared of getting in touch with that pain
- Practices for healing your broken relationship - even when you don't know how to have a constructive conversation with the person who hurt you
- Practices for healing your dominating community - even when they don't realize something harmful has happened
Because we are naturally whole people and originally one with each other.
But systemic oppression has torn us away from those truths. And being disconnected to ourselves and others is inherently painful.
And it doesn't have to be that way - not if you heal yourself back into wholeness and oneness.
For white people who:
- Want to address racism but don't know how
- Are scared to acknowledge how much racism they've internalized
- A framework for how people of European descent got turned into white people in a racist society- even if you don't realize that you're not inherently white
- Practices for healing from the trauma of internalized whiteness - even when you're scared of acknowledging it
- Practices for healing your broken relationship with other white people - even when you're angry and frustrated at how they don't get it
- Practices for healing your dominating community - even when they don't want to see the racism that's there
Because people of European descent are not inherently white.
But landed Europeans in 1600's colonial America created whiteness in order to make sure that poorer people of European descent enforced systemic racism.
And that history and its dehumanizing impact on white people is not discussed. But it's what's keeping white people from acknowledging racism and taking actions to stop it.
But people of European descent can heal and reclaim from their humanity - and discover who they are beyond whiteness.
For social justice people who:
- Want to build an organization or create a group working for social justice
- Don't want to just replicate at work the oppression that they're working to dismantle in society but...
- Don't know how and are painfully struggling to figure it out
- A deeper analysis of how our organizational structures are so oppressive and coercive - even when led and implemented by social justice folks (and sometimes especially by them)
- Self-governing organizational structures that support decentralized, collaborative leadership and an inclusive decision-making process
- Community care structures that raise up the importance of emotional labor and resource it so people get the emotional support they need
- Collective healing structures that continuously hold space and provides healing practices for the everyday trauma of our lives and identities
Because the world is burning - and we're burning out.
We need to build organizations that can hold us together in a humanizing, consensual way - as we work to put out the fires.
Want to hear about upcoming trainings?
Sign up for our email list below and never miss out!